Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I aint afraid of no ghosts...or so I thought


For my OMO (odd man out) assignment, I chose to partake in a ghost hunt through downtown Nashville. I don't believe in ghosts, and figured that spending an evening around people trying to convince me they're real would be loaded with Christopher Guest "mocumentary" type comedy. The plan backfired. Excluding our tour guide, I spent the night as the 5th wheel to two newlywed couples.


While there was some humor in watching Katie (on the left) tell the group how many people she'd leave Brian for (Tim McGraw topping the laundry list), the majority of jokes were pointed in my direction.

As far as the hunt goes, I did return with plenty of material. But to my surprise, I started buying a little of what the ghost hunt was selling. Now I don't know what to think. I've got some creepy pictures and stories to share, but those will have to wait for the book.

The night concluded with three cab drivers fighting over me like I was a piece of bread in a duck pond. For you visual learners out there, I'm sorry, there is no picture to document this hilarity.

-LBK

Oh wait, here it is

No comments: