Thursday, March 27, 2008

All in the first 30 minutes

Incest, misogyny and lesbians. I spent my night watching the Beverly Hillbillies.....gone wild.

Actually, I saw The Color Purple at the Palace Theater in Cleveland. It is billed as a musical of hope. As in, I hope all of these things don't happen at once. But they do.

The clientele at the theater was positively un-hockeyish. By that, I mean minorities were represented.

Tolerance was also at a midwest maximum. The woman next to me (white) turned to the man next to her (black) before the show and spoke something very similar to "This is the most blacks I've seen at this theater......and the most kids." She then said she really enjoyed the episode of Diff'rent Strokes when Arnold gets caught with liquor and pulled a 8 1/2 by 11 of W.E.B. DuBois out of her wallet. Just kidding, there.

Great voice on the lead, by the way.

-Benetti

No comments: